To the moon and back

My Dad was always a Ford man.  Me?  Until these last ten years, as long as the vehicle got me from point A to point B reliably, didn't need lots of maintenance, and when it did need maintenance it didn't cost an arm an a leg, I didn't care what name the vehicle carried.

I won't bore you with the long story of my first vehicle being a used Ford Fiesta and how that little car thought it was built for four wheeling in the Arizona desert nor will I bore you with a list of other vehicles I have owned.

It's not done counting yet!
I will bore you with my latest gem, my 2007 Ford Freestar.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let the picture of the odometer taken two morning ago speak volumes for me so I don't have to type so much.

Yes, you read it correctly.  The Ford Freestar has just over half a million miles on it.  That's equivalent to twenty trips around the world or a trip to the moon and back.  It is a lot of miles.

Being big on shopping local, now I get to plug the Shop Local Delmarva message. 

No, the van wasn't made here on Delmarva although, Ford, if you're listening, we could use the jobs...and we speak English!

The van is kept running by a locally owned and operated garage in Cambridge, MD.  Owned by Chris, Accurate Car Care at 3065 Beverly Lane keeps my van running in top notch condition.  Accurate Car Care is proof that locally owned and operated doesn't mean more expensive for lesser quality.

I just drive the van.  Chris keeps it running reliably to get it to that half a million miles.  He jokes now, though, that all his guarantees no longer apply since I passed the half million mark.  That's ok.  Whatever Chris fixes, I'll hold it together with duct tape and we should get another half a million out of it over the next seven or eight years, if my calculations are correct.

Posted by Five Drunk Rednecks

Comments