Letter to the House in SC

Editor's note: Letter I sent to every House member of the SC State Legislature before they begin debate on the flying of the Confederate Flag tomorrow.


Dear Honorable Members of the House:

When this flag goes, the
Yanks will have finally
erased the South from
history
I am an outsider to your state so my words will probably mean little to you as you debate the flying of the Confederate Flag.  Suffice it to say that I have close ties to the South from my Mom's side of the family in NC.  I was always taught the Confederate Flag, the Rebel Flag as my relatives referred to it, stood as a symbol and a reminder to the powers in DC that they are there to serve the states, not to rule them.

It is with a sad heart that 150 years after the Civil War ended, the powers that be in DC, with the help of national organizations and national/international companies, have finally brought the South to its knees and can finally rule instead of serve.

I urge you to stand in defiance and at the very least, let the people of SC decide what they want to do with their flag on their state capitol. 

If you are interested in my views that prompted me to write you personally, you can read my short op-ed here: The Cultural Cleansing

Related Links:
Maybe Union soldiers aren't welcomed in Talbot County
Why did the NAACP let the Yankees die?

On the road to irrelevancy
NAACP and Mr. Potter fighting to tear down the Vietnam War Memorial
Only time will reveal the true motives of Talbot Boys detractors
Final thoughts on the Talbot Boys
No to trash-talking our veterans
The Great Confederate Purge of 2015
The insolence of youth
An open letter to Talbot County
The first secession from the United States, 2015
The cultural cleansing


Posted by Five Drunk Rednecks

Comments